There are three main levels of variance when talking about slot games; those being the mid, low and high variance slots. Variance is simply the description given to how any one particular slot machine has been designed to play and pay.
In this section of the website, we are taking a look at mid variance slots, those being ones which have been specifically designed to throw in a lot of mid-ranged winning combinations, usually at the expense of the lower and higher paying ones.
When playing a mid variance slot you will get a decent chance of having an average length playing session, whilst at the same time, you will often be playing a slot which boasts a good return to player payout percentage – more so if you play such slots online.
Most Played Mid Variance Slots
If you are looking to play mid variance slots, then make sure you consider giving the slot games available at Microgaming powered casinos a try. They have a massive suite of these kinds of slots, a few of which have been listed below for you:
- Bars and Stripes slot – 25 paylines with a 5000 coins jackpot.
- Big Kahuna slot – An 8000 coin jackpot, 9 payline slot game.
- Inca Gold slot – 20 paylines with a 10000 coin jackpot.
- Starscape slot – A 7000 coin jackpot with 25 paylines is offered.
- World Cup Mania slot – This slot has 15 lines with a 7500 coin jackpot.
Mid Variance Slot Hints and Tips
There are a few hints and playing tips which we can offer with regards to playing specific mid variance slot games; have a look through those listed below and see if any of the slots are of interest to you.
Witches Wealth Slot
You will find a 6000 coin jackpot on offer from the Witches Wealth slot, along with a unique bonus round during which you will be hoping a Witch has an uninterrupted flight through the nights sky on her broomstick.
- Play all nine lines on each spin of the reels you play.
- This is due to the bonus game being triggered by Bonus symbols.
- These bonus symbols must be on consecutive reels of active paylines.
The more lines you put into play the better your chances of triggering the bonus round. This is quite an easy process even when playing with tiny stake levels, as coin values and the number of coins can be adjusted to just 0.01 with one coin per line.
Tally Ho Slot
This slot boasts a free spins bonus game, and you can set the slot to play with a total of 9 paylines activated. If you spin in five jackpot symbols on any activated payline, a payout of 6000 coins per coin wagered on that line is awarded. A few facts and figures and tips for playing this slot can be found below.
- Play the first 70 spins for low stakes then slowly increase them.
- This may see you triggering a better paying free spins round.
- This is a great playing slot with a payout percentage of some 95.87%.
Do not expect to trigger those free spins as regularly as you would on some other slot games, as the average length of time based on the reel strip layout is around once every 143 spins.
Mad Hatters Slot
You will be able to activate as many as 30 paylines should you decide to give Mad Hatter a try. It boasts a free spins game where the number of free spins is dependent on the number of scatter symbols which spin in; plus a picking bonus game that can be awarded.
- You do not need to play all 30 paylines to get some high payouts.
- This is due to the free spins being triggered by scatter symbols.
- If on a low budget play 5, 10, or 20 paylines on low coin values.
Never feel obligated to play all 30 paylines on the Mad Hatter slot; there are plenty of ways to hit some decent winning payouts even when playing a lower number of paylines, and as such, this is a great low rolling slot to play.
Gopher Gold Slot
The Gopher Gold slot is an ideal game to play when you have a low bankroll or modest casino account balance. This is a typical Microgaming mid variance slot, so you should get plenty of slot spinning action for your money. Below are some facts and figures relating to this title.
- Only five paylines in total can be activated on each spin played.
- All winning combinations pay left to right and right to left.
- A massive 15,000 coins can be won via the jackpot symbols.
As this is a Microgaming powered slot game the payout percentage is typically high, and with two ways to complete a winning combination you should always play those five paylines.
Mid Variance Slot Bonus Play
Whenever you accept a casino bonus you should seriously consider playing any of the mid variance Microgaming slot games above, as thanks to their playing structure they will always offer you a realistic chance of a winning session once the casino bonuses play through requirements have been met.
You will not get the boom or bust type of playing structure found on high variance slots, nor will you get the slot grind of low variance slot play.
To get a true feel of just how these mid variance Microgaming slot games play, how about giving them some playtime in free play mode at any of our featured casinos listed around the site.
Microgaming slots have all been designed to play the same way whether you are playing in demo mode or real money mode, so by giving them a whirl for free, you can experience the very same great playing structure as if you were playing for real money.